Business Development Manager (Global)
An exciting opportunity for a global Business Development Manager to support and deliver our ambitious growth targets.
Due to Chorus Intelligences’ continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager – Inside Sales, who will report into the Chief Sales Officer.
The primary role of Business Development Manager – Inside Sales is to be accountable for delivery of their proportion of the global sales target.
The role is home based with frequent UK wide travel. There will also be a requirement to attend Chorus offices in Woodbridge and / or Cambridge in line with the needs of the business. There may also be the need for international travel from time to time aligned to the needs of the business.
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Designing, establishing and implementing an in-side sales methodology for
Chorus Intelligence – in North America and the UK;
- Ensuring all Business Development Managers across the globe feed into the
process and understand their obligations;
- Dovetailing the process into the Chorus CRM tool and drive intelligence /
reporting from it;
- Working with the Chorus Marketing Manager to implement marketing
- Winning new business;
- Building key customer relationships;
- Building a sales pipeline of new business opportunities developing and
managing a broad network of decision makers and influencers within client
and potential client relationships;
- Negotiating and closing proposed deals with clients;
- Working closely with Marketing, Finance and Operations to develop sales
opportunities into successful customer engagements;
- Identifying potential new clients / relationships. Presenting our value
propositions to them and ultimately converting business and having the
strategies in place to grow revenue within that account;
- Fully operating the Chorus sales methodology within the global business –
Win Review Boards, account planning, CRM discipline and sales forecasting;
- Setting the tone in terms of both hunting and farming opportunities;
- Act as the conscience of the customer internally within the creation of the
- Recommending the win price, especially in competitive bids taking customer
budget and competitive positioning into account;
- Setting strategies to maximise Chorus annual recurring revenue within
accounts;Being able to:
- Describe Chorus’ business solution in relation to the benefits that will
be delivered to the customer;
- Explain how the proposition provides the best mix of affordability,
capability and business benefit to the customer;
- Explain how the proposition delivers long term profitable business to
- Provide an educated assessment of the business approach adopted by
the competition and counter these;
- Respond quickly, innovatively and creatively to changes in customer
- Ensuring a continued development of new sales opportunities, following up
enquiries, conducting site visits, preparing proposals and leading sales
- Keeping on top of competitive analysis and market observations to drive
business development activity;
- Handling objections to a positive outcome;
- Attending user events or industry conventions across the UK and overseas as
- Managing a sales led approach to RFI, RFP or ITT responses;
- Keeping up to date with product roadmaps and changes in functionality;
- Spotting process failure in order to upsell Chorus capability into the customers
that you are working with;
- Maintaining connections with the Chorus Operations function to ensure a
seamless delivery lifecycle to our customers.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience;
- Able to assimilate and present complex public safety software solutions and
benefits to new and existing customers;
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills, both written and oral to
internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern
- Work flexibly especially when engaging with customers and prospects in
North American time zones;
- Excellent eye for detail;
- Previous government investigation and analytical experience or as a software
supplier to that community;
- Capable of working closely as part of a team, as well as operating
- Self-motivated and hardworking;
- Ability to travel extensively throughout identified areas of the UK including
meetings in Woodbridge and Cambridge;
- Ability to undertake international travel as required;
- Confident when giving presentations particularly at the C-Suite level;
- Good knowledge of digital investigations data and ideally competing or
complementary analytical tools;
- Commercial awareness, ability to challenge the status-quo and suggest areas
- Ability to create and operate growth strategies with energy and focussed
- Proven track record of hitting sales quotas and demonstrable hunger to
achieve targets set;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Valid drivers’ licence.
Working for Chorus Intelligence is rewarding and challenging. Therefore, we offer a number of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- BUPA healthcare
- Full travel allowance
- Flexible working
- Death in service – 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Professional sales management training available
- Pension (auto enrolment)
- Security Clearance
Chorus Intelligence is a global technology company headquartered in the United Kingdom.
We simplify and enhance the integrity of data, by providing industry leading investigative software that enables our customers to confidently turn data into
intelligence and evidence.
We are a trusted supplier for law enforcement, government agencies and financial institutions.
At Chorus Intelligence, we work hard to ensure that we conduct our business in a way that gives our customers confidence that our operations are secure, continuously improving and designed to meet the expected levels of quality.
Chorus Intelligence prides itself on being customer focussed and driven. We employ agile working practices and a flat organisational structure that keeps us all in close proximity. Ideas and new ways of working are encouraged, with quick decisions and actions allowing us to deliver high customer satisfaction and excellent retention rates.
Our business has its headquarters in Woodbridge, Suffolk, a software innovation centre based in Cambridge, UK. Our North American office is based in Virginia Beach, VA in the United States.
Apply for this role
Chorus Intelligence has given me the opportunity to be part of a great team, from the Developers to the Customer Relationship Managers, we’re all working to make Chorus and our products the best they can be.
Lucy Haste – Operations Manager