Lead DevOps Architect
An exciting opportunity for a Lead DevOps Architect. The role will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation.
A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. The Engineer will work closely with the QA, Dev and DevOps teams to build, manage and automate our AWS infrastructure.
Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead DevOps Architect. The role will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. The Engineer will work closely with the QA, Dev and DevOps teams to build, manage and automate our AWS infrastructure. In addition, management of other working environments will be required including other private cloud infrastructure and Microsoft-stack components. The ideal candidate will be methodical, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of designing and delivering shared service platforms for IT Infrastructure Outsourcing organisations.
- Degree level qualification in an I.T. discipline
- Experience with Serverless technologies and managing Lambda functions
- Experience with Infrastructure Service as Code tools
- Knowledge in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking and problem-solving in a cloud environment, preferably on the following AWS products: EC2, ASG, Load Balancing, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, ECS, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, etc;
- Experience with Infrastructure Service as Code tools, preferably CDK-CloudFormation, CDK-Terraform, Chef and Puppet
- Knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure environments and cloud providers, e.g Azure and dedicated hosting
- Experienced in working in and designing highly secure environments
- An understanding of and experience in using systems management tools to deploy packaged applications and OS images
- Experienced in incident, problem, and change management
- The ability to learn how to deploy bespoke software into cloud and customer environments
- A comprehensive knowledge of server and workstation operating systems
- A sound understanding of TCP/IP networking
- A knowledge of firewalls and their associated best proactive administration, including the design and configuration of IPsec VPN tunnels. Specific experience with Fortinet firewalls would be beneficial
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure and 365 or other public cloud providers
- A comprehensive understanding of virtualisation, ideally experienced in designing and deploying VMware vSphere and Hyper-V
- A good technical knowledge of Active Directory including design best practices.
- Experience of SQL Server deployments and administration
- Understanding of application delivery platforms such as Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Citrix Virtual Apps and VMware Horizon
- ISEB/ISTQB certification
How we work:
- We use Agile methodology
- We have an issue tracking system (JIRA/Zephyr)
- We work very closely with both our Developers and our Business Analysts
- We have multiple stacks that require automation
- We use both manual and automated testing
Working for Chorus has a number of different benefits, please find them listed below:
- Competitive salary
- BUPA healthcare
- Death in service – 6 x salary
- Share options
- 25 days holiday
- Pension (auto enrolment)
- Security clearance
- Gym membership
Chorus Intelligence is a technology company that produces analytical software for a number of industries including law enforcement, defence, and financial services.
Chorus software is used by the majority of UK police forces to help with their criminal investigations to cleanse data, spot connections, and create reports that can be used as evidence in court. This all means that as a company we directly support law enforcement in their quest to keep people safe.
Chorus Intelligence prides itself on being customer-focussed and driven. We employ agile working practices and a flat organisational structure that keeps us all in close proximity. Ideas and new ways of working are encouraged, with quick decisions and actions allowing us to deliver high customer satisfaction and excellent retention rates.
Apply for this role
Chorus is by far the most significant aid to intelligence technology this century.
Investigator UK Police Force